Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dedication

Jonas was officially dedicated on Sunday at our church. It was a cool way to say that we know he is a gift from God, and we want to acknowledge that fact. We were able to pray for him and give him back to God. Parenting is this awesome responsibility. He truly is a gift. We love him so much, and we know we're not going to be doing everything right. We need lots of help from God and the church. It's also a neat way for the church to say they are going to help us, which we all know we need :) We did the same thing with Sara a few years ago. It reminds me of what a holy task this is, and how much I need to pray for wisdom and help. It also helps me to remember that it's not all about me or my plans for our kids, but what God is up to in their lives. I want to look for that, watch for that (for what God is doing) and then encourage it. I don't want to try to live out some agenda of my own in their lives, but I want to learn to say yes to whatever God is doing and then give the kids the freedom to run after that. I'm excited to continue watching them grow and become who God created them to be.

No comments: